1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
Information you provide to us directly about yourself. We may collect personal information, such as your name, date of birth, phone number, location, and e-mail address when you register for our Services, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us. With your consent, we also access your mobile device’s address book, through which we would collect and store on our servers all of your contacts and their contact information. We use your contact information to help you find friends and other contacts who are AnimalWiz users, and to facilitate you inviting friends and other contacts to use the Service.
Your Pet(s)’ Information. You may provide us information about your pets, your veterinarian information, and your pet insurance information in order to obtain a better experience using the Service.
Survey Responses. We We may collect your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Company updates or activities.
Communications with Experts. We may collect chat and other communications you make through the Service, such as when you communicate with us or the pet care professionals providing information (“Experts”). We may use a third-party service provider to manage and track these communications. We track these chats for fraud prevention, to enforce our Terms, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, we (and our service provider) will receive in real time and store data about your chats including, but not limited to, IP address, the date and time of each message and the content of each message.
Financial Information. In your use of the Service, you may provide us or our service providers with financial information such as financial account or credit card account information.
Information from your use of the Service. We may collect information from your use of the Service, such as details of how you use the Service, your internet protocol address and/or unique mobile device ID number, details of financial transactions you participate in on the Service, your social media account IDs and any information shared with us via your social media accounts, and browser and device information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
• Other companies and brands owned or controlled by AnimalWiz, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as AnimalWiz, which may also include any subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or an ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries that it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
• Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may provide mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, providing payment services, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
• We may share your personal information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with commercial partners and businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies as the Company, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service, as well as Affiliates’ own services, and to provide you with what both the Company and its Affiliates consider to be relevant services and experiences
• Other parties in connection with a Company transaction, such as a merger, sale of Company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding
• We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
•Users of the Service: When using the Service, if you choose to connect with an Expert, that Expert will have access to your name, the information contained in your User Account profile (including your pet’s information), and to any other information you choose to communicate with that particular Expert. We are not responsible for any of your communications with Experts, or their use of your information after you have connected with them. We may also share the information contained in your User Account profile (including your pet’s information) with a veterinary practice when schedule an Appointment for you.
•Experts: As an Expert, the information contained in your profile will always be visible to Users. By using the Service as an Expert, you agree the personal information in your profile may be shared with Users.
3. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related and operational communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Profile & Account Information: We may offer the option of creating an account for you. Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete certain information previously provided to us
Marketing Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the email and following the directions in those emails.
Nevada Residents:Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your evidence of your request, which may be acted upon in the event our practices change.
California Residents: Please see below for details on rights of California residents.
Please note, Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include needing to continue processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
4. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may also use local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) to assist in delivering special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are not managed through your web browser. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
8. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
9. ONLINE ANALYTICS
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Supplemental Privacy Notice to California Rsidents If you are a California resident, you may exercise certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). CCPA defines personal information as any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. We do not sell personal information to any third parties.
We may collect, use or disclose for business purposes the following categories of personal information from the sources described in the “What Information Do We Collect and for What Purpose” section above..
• Name, contact information and other general identifiers such as IP address, email, or other unique personal identifiers;
• Customer records such as documentation containing your name or signature, financial and billing information
• Your pet’s medical information and your communications with experts
• Geolocation data
• Audio, Video and other Electronic Data, such as images of you and your pet; and
• Profiles and inferences drawn from the information above
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request access to and disclosure of the personal information we collect about you, our purpose for collection, and the categories of personal information we disclose and to whom, and the right to request deletion of your personal information. We respect your privacy rights, and we do not discriminate against individuals for exercising their rights. If you wish to exercise your rights, please submit a request online or review the “Contact Us” section below to learn how to submit a request. We will respond to requests within 45 days. You may make requests or exercise these rights at no charge up to twice every 12 months. CCPA also grants California residents the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising privacy rights.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have established business relationships with us may choose to opt out of having their Personal Information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please use the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below ADD IN CCPA – SPECIFIC CONTACT INFO